Monday, March 21, 2011

CBS Cares

While typing up a vocab quiz, I had an old episode of Criminal Minds playing in the background... only half-way listening, I had to pause and rewind a recent PSA from CBS to make sure I had heard it right. I have no idea if they were purposely trying to be funny or not, but it's SNL classic stuff. The script reads:

"Seen a lot of movements since the 60s, but no movement is more powerful than the one you experience when you're preparing for a colonoscopy, because colonoscopies save lives. Talk to your doctor. CBS cares."

If you've ever had to do a "bowel prep" for a colonoscopy or similar procedure, I'm sure you'll agree that no truer words have ever been spoken.

2 comments:

  1. So important to get checked! It doesn't have to be at the age of 50. I was 37 when I was diagnosed.

    ReplyDelete