Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bike Race in Thompson Park

10/31/10: Thompson Park, Jamesburg NJ

I do not know how to ride a bike. When I tell people this, inevitably the next question is: "Can you swim"? I never got the connection between the two sports - but yes, I can swim.

While I have never balanced on two wheels, one of our dearest friends, Chris Gozick (orange jersey), is a top-notch cyclist who competes all over the State. On Halloween, Chris was racing close by, so it was the perfect excuse to go spend a beautiful day outside with Gary and my best friend Christine (Chris's wife) ... we even got an added bonus when our friend Alastair joined us with his new rescue bull terrier, Frank.

Spending time with Gary in the crisp fall air, with our friends and Frank, obliterated any lingering aches and pains October had been harboring, and left me refreshed and renewed - ready for anything.


Frank

Christine
"The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love." - Hubert Humphrey

No comments:

Post a Comment