Monday, July 7, 2014

Yo - Anyone See Hamlet?

Our school year went long; my last day was June 30th! At least some of my students gave me a few end of the year chuckles on their final exams and projects.

The above is an answer to a 12th grade exam question: Why do you think Shakespeare left Hamlet out of Act 1 Scene 1? (Btw Act I.i takes place outside.) #Elsinorishellabig

My favorite project: 10th graders created IPod playlists for the characters in King Lear. Students had to choose songs that their character could theoretically identify with, and pick out the lyrics their selected character would like best, with an explanation as to why. This sweet, quiet, incredibly polite boy came up with the song Loyal, and specifically the lyrics: "These Hoes Ain't Loyal"... and nailed his explanation. #CordeliaOG

I've got the best job in the world...but I'm glad for the break from my 126 darlings until September.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment